I think the biggest misconception about health coaching is it’s all about losing weight. Yes, for many of us, the desire to adopt a healthier lifestyle involves losing weight. However, creating healthier lifestyle habits isn’t always about losing weight. There are many of us who are at a healthy weight but don’t feel their healthiest. Whether its poor digestion, low energy, sugar addiction, or all around poor lifestyle habits, we don’t need losing weight as our goal to benefit from a health coach.
Health coaching is so much more than losing weight. It’s about being able to incorporate healthy choices into our daily life so that our bodies can function better, we can move better, we have more energy, and we can be more present in our daily life. We were meant to live vibrantly and as a health coach, I know how to get you to that more vibrant place.
THINGS I WON’T TELL YOU AS YOUR HEALTH COACH:
1. I wont tell you what you should and should not eat. Instead I help you tune in to your own bodies needs and wants to help you create a meal plan that works for you. The diet industry is a multi billion dollar industry that thrives on telling us what we can and cannot eat. These “diet experts” keep coming at us with different meal plans guaranteed to help you lose the weight and keep it off for good. The problem is, the weight always comes back.
2. I won’t tell you to exercise 5 days a week for 2 hours. No one has time for that! Yes, I do believe movement is important for us to maintain our health. The beauty about health coaching is I find what works for you in a way that is fun, stress free, and fits into your busy schedule.
3. I won’t tell you to consume 20 pills a day in order to be healthy. A lot of people are not “good pill takers.” I hear this so often, “If your health coaching program involves pills, I’m out.” I truly believe a person can become healthy without supplementing. It is possible to get all of your vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients through healthy, whole food choices. I help you determine which foods work best for your body to give you the results you are looking for.
4. I won’t tell you to give up your social life. A lot of people believe being healthy equals isolation. This is probably one of the biggest fears my clients have. We think adapting healthy lifestyle habits means cutting out all the fun! No glass of wine, no parties, no lunch dates with your best friend, nothing! All social events must be canceled or we feel like the temptation is too big. I help you develop strategies so you can still enjoy all the pleasures in the world while still maintaining your health.
5. I won’t tell you to demand your spouse/partner/kids/family/friends implement the healthy lifestyle you are creating. I will help you develop strategies that work within the dynamics of your social life so you don’t feel disconnected from those closest to you. I will also help you develop strategies for managing those tempting moments when your husband orders pizza for him and the kids.
Health coaching is all about you the client. You call the shots. I am here to help you get to where you want to be. I help navigate you through all the twists and turns that can make becoming a healthier and happier you so difficult.
As a health coach, it is my desire to help you become the best version of yourself you can possibly be! I work one-on-one with clients to help them find the best ways to reach their health and wellness goals. The program I offer is not a one size fits all program. I tailor it to each individual’s desires, needs, and goals.
WHY I CHOSE TO BECOME A HEALTH COACH
As an occupational therapist, I’ve worked many years with people after they have had a major medical issue. Despite intense medical treatment along with extensive therapy, very often I’ve realized, most patient’s never make a full recovery. I have not been satisfied with these results. Through my work, I’ve developed an appreciation for how important it is to be proactive with our health. All too often we wait until a medical issue or concern occurs before we do anything about it. We react to the issue. I believe in the importance of being proactive with our health. We need to keep our bodies healthy for as long as possible rather than waiting for a health concern to show up before we start caring. As a health coach, I want to help people develop healthy habits, patterns, and routines in order to promote their health and wellness. My training as an occupational therapist uniquely positions me to be an amazing health coach!
As a very busy working mom, I also understand the difficulties we face when trying to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Our lives are so busy! It’s hard to come up with any kind of meals for the week, much less healthy meals. And finding the time to exercise can seem almost impossible. I know, because I’ve been there. To be honest, I still struggle with it. As a healthy coach, I will work with you to help you uncover ways to create healthy habits that are in alignment with your busy life. Being healthy should be fun! I want to help you find the joy and pleasure in becoming Happy, Healthy, and Well!
HOW HEALTH COACHING CAN IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH
We are so busy! We have countless demands coming from many areas of our lives. Whether it is work responsibilities, caring for our families or trying to maintain some kind of social life, these responsibilities make it very difficult for us to transform our health. What we have been told to do is not working and we’re looking for something with more impact.
Sometimes we don’t know what to do to change our health. There are so many programs and information out there it can be all very confusing and it’s hard for us to navigate through all of the information overload to know what needs to be done. However, when we learn to listen to our bodies better and become more aware of what we need to manifest good health and wellness, we are able to make a drastic transformation. Being in tune to our bodies wants, needs, and desires, when it comes to our health, is difficult for a lot of us because, more often than not, we are stuck in a rut and don’t know how to get out of it. 95% of our behavior occurs out of habit, either unconsciously or in reaction to external demands.
That’s why we struggle to make healthy changes. Even when the need for change is obvious and our intentions are strong, we often fall short and go back to old habits.
Why is that?
Because we don’t have proper support or accountability!
Many health care practitioners either don’t have the time or the skills to help people stay motivated and follow through to get lasting results. So people quickly default to their old habits, even when they know those habits make them feel lousy. Without the right support and accountability, this dysfunctional cycle will continue and in many cases, get worse.
That’s where health coaches like me come in!
I am here to provide the right system, support, and accountability so you can – finally – make a total life transformation.
What I love the most about coaching is that it’s never about me, the coach. It’s always about you, the client, and what you want to achieve in your life. We work together to determine your goals and desires so you can experience a complete life transformation and become happy, healthy, and well.
MY MISSION AS YOUR HEALTH COACH
As a health coach, I show busy professionals how they can transform their health so they can have more energy, be more productive, and be the best version of themselves they can be for their family and friends without time consuming exercise routines or restrictive diet plans. Do you know any busy professionals who want to transform their health?
It is my desire to help you become the best version of yourself you can possibly be. I work one on one with clients to help them find the best ways to reach their health and wellness goals. The program I offer is not a one size fits all program. I tailor it to each individual’s desires, needs, and goals. Do you know someone who is looking to become the best they can be? If that’s you, email me at email@example.com